Learn how to protect yourself against fraudulent calls and emails below.
- Close any affected account(s) and open new account(s).
- File a police report with local law enforcement.
- Report the suspected identity theft to the Federal Trade Commission by calling 877-438-4338 or submitting a complaint online.
- Review your credit report carefully. Obtain a free copy of your credit report each year.
- Place a fraud alert on your credit file by contacting one of the consumer reporting agencies listed below:
How to Protect Yourself
Business Customers – Corporate Account Takeover
These Corporate Account Takeover (CATO) guidelines are provided to help Limestone Bank’s business customers better protect themselves when utilizing electronic banking activities. These guidelines are provided to increase awareness of the risks and how to better protect your business, detect potential incidents, and respond to recognized incidents. While Limestone Bank strongly encourages the implementation of these guidelines, it makes no representations or guarantees that the guidelines are all-inclusive or that they will actually prevent losses as a result of CATO. Limestone Bank encourages its business customers to seek the advice of legal counsel, IT staff, and other consultants in implementing safeguards against CATO.