5 Ways Your Business Bank Can Serve You Better
It’s 4:05 pm and your branch is closed, so you call your national bank’s toll-free number and ask to speak to the business banking department. You are transferred to a large call center and although they answer your questions, they don’t know who you are, what is best for your business, and as soon as they hang up, they will go on to answer 102 more calls before their shift ends.
For a busy business like yours, this may be fine until you need to make a last minute payment. You call the toll-free number again, but you have no relationship with the bank. To them, you are just a number and they don’t make an extra effort to help you get your payment made. This is where personalized customer service is extremely helpful to Kentucky-owned businesses.
So, what should you look for when it comes to banking customer service?
- Business Banking Staff - When you work with a business banking staff, make sure they are cleared to make decisions based on the current banking information they have. If you deal with a bank that always has to check with another department before they work with you, it will slow down your banking and in a 24/7 world, you don’t have time to wait!
- Online Banking - Although we’re discussing customer service, we understand that banking customers want options. It’s not always feasible to run into a branch every time you need to bank. Great customer service begins with making sure that business owners can call and speak to their account representative when they need to, but also have the ability to bank on their own time, at their convenience.
- Practical Advice Needed - As a business grows, you want a bank that grows with you and can give you one-on-one practical banking advice. You want more than a bank - you want a business partner. When you need to go from a basic business account to one with more services, you want a bank that is there for you every step of the way.
- Lockboxes - What is a lockbox? In short, it's a PO box set up by your bank where customers can send their checks. The bank then deposits those checks into your bank account for you. Great customer service saves you time and money!
- Positive Pay - We live in a world where fraudulent check-writers still exist. Banks with great customer service have services like positive pay. They take the time to verify each check for fraud warnings before they are cashed.
At Limestone Bank, we believe that great customer service is paramount to building an excellent business-banking partnership. When you open an account with us, you not only receive the bank’s phone number to contact us but our cell phone numbers as well. You deal with our business banking department directly - not a large call center representative who won’t remember you five minutes after you called.
If you are interested in learning more about Limestone Bank’s services, contact us today.